Sunday 3 February 2013

Beyonce Puts Lip Sync Controversy to Rest at Super Bowl Press Conference

Do you want to share?

Do you like this story?

YOUR GOOGLE ADSENSE CODE HERE (300x250)
YOUR GOOGLE ADSENSE CODE HERE (300x250)

Beyonce lip syncIn what seemed like a carefully-planned memo to haters, Beyonce finally addressed the lip sync controversy. For weeks, rumors have persisted that she lip synched “The Star Spangled Banner” at President Obama’s inauguration.
At a press conference for the upcoming Super Bowl (where she will rock the halftime show), Queen B finally addressed the rumors, admitting that yes, she did use help from a pre-recorded track.
“I am a perfectionist.  And one thing about me, I practice until my feet bleed.  And I did not have time to rehearse with the orchestra.  It was a live tv show and a very, very important, emotional show for me.  One of my proudest moments.  Due to the weather, due to the delay and lack of proper soundcheck, I did not feel comfortable taking a risk,” she said.
Beyonce continued that she made the decision out of respect for the President. “It was about the President and the Inauguration.  And I wanted to make him and my country proud.  So, I decided to sing along to a pre-recorded track, which is very common in the music industry.  And I’m very proud of my performance.”
Then, to silence the haters once and for all, she asked everyone in the room to stand up, and she gave a chill-inducing second version of “The Star Spangled Banner”–completely live and fierce. She concluded, to a positively stunned room of journalists and asked “any questions.”
After the impressive rendition, Beyonce also answered a few questions about her upcoming  Super Bowl performance this weekend.
Like Michelle Williams, she remained mum about the rumored Destiny’s Child reunion. “I can’t really give you any details.  I’m sorry,” she said with a coy smile. Although, she also said the performance would feature songs from many different points in her career.
When one journalist had the gall to ask if she would sing live, Beyonce politely responded “I will absolutely be singing live.  I am well rehearsed.  And this is what I was born to do.”
Beyonce’s performance will air this Sunday during the Super Bowl halftime show.


YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE

0 comments:

Advertisements

YOUR GOOGLE ADSENSE CODE HERE (300x250)

Advertisements

YOUR GOOGLE ADSENSE CODE HERE (300x250)